6.17.2006

Father's Day

I'm such a Daddy's Girl that everyday feels like Father's Day to me. It will be nice to get together with the family and celebrate. We're also celebrating Adam's 8th grade graduation. I'm glad we are having a party with just our family instead of my sister's in-laws, too. That makes too much commotion and noise, and I never get to talk to... and on and on. I have to think of something fabulous to do for dessert. Oh, the expectations.

My relationship with Dad is similar to a mother-daughter relationship. I like that we are so close. I know partly it's because I'm single, partly because I lived home as long as I did and we were able to cultivate an adult relationship. It is nice that we can and do talk about anything and everything.

My dad is a great person. He is thoughtful, remembers little things and events in people's lives. He sends cards of congratulations or condolence and never hesitates to contact people. He has impeccable taste in clothing and art, furniture, a keen sense of style. He is a gifted musician, and he generously shares his gift. He is also an amazing actor and director. And again, he generously shares his gifts.

The list will definitely go on and on... what's even better to say is that there is not much I would change in him. He is my hero, my inspiration and my measure.

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

It's ok if this is as good as it gets... when talking about my Daddy!

2 comments:

WendyDarling said...

Your Dad sounds wonderful! I am sure he is just as proud of you as you are of him.

Anonymous said...

Sunny, your Dad sounds precious! Reading about your Dad makes me miss mine all the more, but it also makes me appreciate all of the good times we had together.