9.15.2007

sisters...

I just got done talking to my sister on the phone. Last weekend was an "I miss my sisters" weekend and it seems this is going to be one, too. Laughing with M on the phone made me realize how much fun we have together, talking and hanging out. I think she's going to help design my tattoo--the appointment is for Monday the 24th. I know the basics of what I want... and she thought it was cool, so... we'll see.


It's hard to explain the bond I have with my sisters. It's like best friends, enhanced. And it's odd how our lives have had a lot of similarities--we've had some of the same struggles but it's wonderful how we genuinely celebrate each other. And it's nice to have the relationship with women that is non-competitive. But I celebrate my sisters and their lives, their struggles and successes.

I could go on in a very sappy way... but my sisters are my completely unconditionals. And my history.

2 comments:

WendyDarling said...

You all really favor each other. Very beautiful. :-)

Alison said...

Beatiful post! My sister and I are close even with a 7 year age difference. It's wonderful to have someone you can share things with and know they will love you no matter what...