1.14.2008

give me five monday


The 'Give Me Five' Monday meme is designed to share fun information with each other in a simple short list! Here's how it works. Each week, I will put out a random topic from my list of topics and you share 5 answers of your choice on the given topic and link back here! You can add photos, links or stories or just a simple list of your own of 5 things that relate to the topic as it pertains to you and your life experiences. It doesn't have to be in any order of importance unless otherwise specified.

Give Me Five things you you like and/or dislike about your job.


1. I like being creative--and being able to spark understanding in some of my students.

2. I don't like the lack of input I have over the workload. More work every year, same amount of time every year.

3. Teachers in American society are not valued as professionals. You hear more often about the screw-ups and perverts than about those who make a difference every single day.

4. History fascinates me. I like passing on my passion.

5. I dislike putting up bulletin boards. *shudder*

4 comments:

Misty DawnS said...

I completely agree with you - teachers are NOT appreciated even close to what they deserve! That's a pet peeve of mine, and, no, I'm not a teacher.

Just so you know - I appreciate your time and your efforts you give our children as a teacher. Thank you.

bcmomtoo said...

I wish teachers were more valued. It is such an important job.

Anonymous said...

It used to be that teachers are honoured. We actually have to greet and bow slightly at teachers to show respect in schools here in Malaysia. Things have certainly changed. :(

Serena

BeccA's Buzz said...

I love this post!!! I couldn't agree more about teachers being unvalued. I know teachers have the biggest influence over the children of the world for like 8 hours a day, hello! They should be paid more across the board.

My favorite of your post has to be that you like passing on your passion. That's great, I do too, in other ways though. Thanks for a great GM5 post!!! Sorry I didn't get by here faster to read and comment!