8.08.2009

books books books meme!

Swiped from Tense Teacher, as usual. I couldn't resist a books meme!

1) What author do you own the most books by? either Jodi Picoult or Stephen King

2) What book do you own the most copies of? the PostSecret books, I think, unless they're considered a series

3) Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions? yes

5) What book have you read the most times in your life? either Eureka Street By Robert McLiam Wilson or A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving

6) What was your favorite book when you were ten years old? I loved the Laura Ingalls Wilder series

7) What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year? Ishmael by Daniel Quinn

8 ) What is the best book you’ve read in the past year? The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows

9) If you could force everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be? The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

11) What book would you most like to see made into a movie? uhmmmm... Summer Blowout by Claire Cook

12) What book would you least like to see made into a movie? The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger


13) What is the most lowbrow book you’ve read as an adult? oh, lord... I read a lot of lowbrow shit

14) What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read? One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez, I still haven't finished it

15) Do you prefer the French or the Russians? the Russians

16) Roth or Updike? Updike

17) David Sedaris or Dave Eggers? David Sedaris


18) Shakespeare, Milton, or Chaucer? Shakespeare

19) Austen or Eliot? Austen

20) What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading? for years I didn't read any non-fiction... but I'm back in the saddle


21) What is your favorite novel? The Poet of Tolstoy Park by Sonny Brewer

22) Essay? the Essays of E.B. White

23) Work of nonfiction? The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman, was my most recent that stuck with me

24) Who is your favorite writer? Jodi Picoult, Stephen King, Anne Rice, Alice Hoffman, Marian Keyes, Maeve Binchy

25) What is your desert island book? Interview With A Vampire by Anne Rice

26) What are you reading right now? The Abstinence Teacher by Tom Perrotta

27) What fictional character are you secretly in love with? no one comes to mind

28 ) Who deserves to win the next Nobel Prize for Literature? well... Nobel Prize is too fancy for a lot of what I read... I could choose Pulitzer more easily... so I donno

29) Describe your weirdest dream involving a writer, book, or literary character. I had a dream that I was in a book group with Jodi Picoult and we had a lot of fun reading and sharing

30) What is the most obscure Shakespeare play you’ve seen? I haven't seen anything obscure but I haven't seen just the big names, either.

31) Favorite Poem? i carry your heart with me by e.e. cummings

32) Favorite Short story? it's more a novella than short story but "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption" by Stephen King


33) Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
I’m going to quote Perpetual Student here: “Stephanie Meyer without a doubt. Don’t get me wrong, I tore through those damn Twilight books like they were water, but there is no way they could be considered great works of fiction by any stretch of the imagination.” <--keeping Tense's answer

1 comment:

Cat. said...

I have finally swiped this and done it on my blog.