8.24.2009

negotiations and love songs...

Well, maybe not the love songs part. But I'm on the contract negotiations team and we're going into the big meeting tomorrow night. Today we had an association meeting and then we had a negotiations meeting. What a long day. This is an interesting process and I'm curious to see how it all goes.

I've got some combinations of students that are testing my patience. I mean, you have to teach people how to treat you and so far there are a couple classes that I'm on the wrong foot. One class has some mean girls. They do their own thing regardless of the directions I give them. If they weren't so bitchy I could put up with it. But their bitchiness is over the top. And it's hard to not respond in kind. It really makes me wonder why they come to school at all. I mean, they aren't there to learn and it's like I'm interfering with their time.

This could be an interesting year.

No comments: