5.26.2010

wednesday wickedness



Today's quotes are from Simon Cowell:

1. “If your lifeguard duties were as good as your singing, a lot of people would be drowning.” How well do you swim? I used to swim often but haven't been in years

2. “I think he knows how to articulate something that people are entertained by and still be true to the message he's trying to send, ... very aware of himself.” How self aware do you think you are?
I'm in therapy, it's the nature of the game

3. “If you've got a big mouth and you're controversial, you're going to get attention.” Who has a big mouth that you like? uhmmmmm...does John Stewart count?

4. “I think you have to judge everything based on your personal taste. And if that means being critical, so be it. I hate political correctness. I absolutely loathe it.” Do you believe in political correctness? what's to believe? The quote seems to be more about tact, of which I am a firm adherent

5. “I find Paula patronizing. It's as simple as that. Paula is more damaging than I am to these contestants because a lot of people just shouldn't be singing for a living.” Do you ever patronize people? I teach high school, it's part of the job description

6. “Not everybody is perfect, and I don't think we should be looking for perfect people.” Do you or someone you know strive constantly to be perfect? have you read my blog? I am very hard on myself in the pursuit of perfection


7. “I never want to hear that song again. I cannot stand it. I'm allergic to it.”
What song are you totally sick of and why? after last night's Idol, Black Velvet--I realized I hate that song


8. “I like the fact that they're cocky now from the age of four.”
How old were you when you got cocky? What changed to make you so? I wouldn't use the word cocky to describe myself--perhaps confident but that's a good thing

9. “And there's more open hostility among them because the competition is so intense.” When you compete with someone, have you ever gotten hostile? oh, yes! I've played killer Balderdash!

10. “Why are you having a normal conversation with him? This is a dairy farmer dressed as a woman.” Do you talk differently to someone because of the way that they are dressed? not that I am aware of

3 comments:

I am Harriet said...

I enjoy watching Stewart. He is very bright.


Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/biggest-losers-and-other-idols/

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

And yet you will never be perfect. Hence the therapy. It makes sense. Happy Idol Finish Nite!

Julie said...

I really like this meme! Thanks for sharing. Oh and I am here :mingling: :)