7.15.2010

trip day two--homeward bound...

Woke up to a gorgeous morning so I immediately checked out the whale watch but it was sold out and I didn't want to hang around waiting for the afternoon sailing. I went shopping instead. Then I kinda had to come home. I bought myself a Barnes & Noble Nook. And did some end of season shopping at my favorite clothing stores. Had some excellent Mexican food. Then I sang all the way home. Loudly but maybe not well.

All in all it was a great getaway. I saw parts of the state that I haven't visited before. And I got a new toy! Now I'm home and figuring out the Nook.

5 comments:

Princess LadyBug said...

I LOVE my Sony Reader. :)

Diana_CT said...

You deserved a break today. :-)

kathi said...

I was lucky enough to see a humpback whale breach on the whale watch cruise I did many years ago near Maui. I'd love to do one again sometime soon!

:: mingling ::

Tense Teacher said...

You'll have to tell us more about the Nook; I'm curious about the readers, but reluctant to give up the feel of a book between my hands. I like the way they smell, too.

The Gal Herself said...

Your trip sounds so cool! I think it's terrific that you just took off for parts unknown, with no set destination. Now I wanna!