2.07.2012

ten things tuesday...

Ten things that begin with the letter I:

A couple of things I am not fond of:

1) Ice roads. Although, with my new tires I feel more secure driving.

2) Itchy skin. Dry, winter air does this to me. Viva lotion!

Things that make me happy:

3) Idleness. I find I need down time. Time to do nothing but hang out.

4) iPad. The more I use it, the more I like it. But I do wish I had the second generation, with the nifty camera.

5) Ice cream. What can I say? I'm a fat girl and I love ice cream.

6) Independence. This is more important to me than ever. One of the struggles I'm having in my relationship is that since my boyfriend isn't from here he doesn't have much of a life outside of me. And I have a busy life. I don't like having someone dependent on me for everything. But that's a post for a different day.

7) Iced coffee. Especially from Dunkin' Donuts. I get one every morning and savor it. Could I make my own? Sure. But mine isn't as yummy and satisfying.

8) Internet. It connects me to a wider world than that in which I geographically live. It's quite isolated here in the North Maine woods.

9) Ideas. As I grow older, I appreciate intellect and creativity. Particularly as they relate to my chosen profession. I like to play with ideas and watch my students formulate their own. And when they "get it" there is no greater feeling.

10) Ireland. Oh, how I have gone on and on about my love of Ireland--it is my favorite place outside the US. I would love to go back. I will go back. I could live there. It felt like home.

1 comment:

Bev Sykes said...

loved your list. Ireland feels like home to me too! When were you last there?