3.19.2012

musing mondays

Click here to play along.
• Would you choose to review a book if its description sounded interesting but the cover was terrible?

I'm a cover snob. I admit it. I do judge a book by its cover. I have passed over a couple of books because the covers didn't catch my interest. But if the premise sounded really interesting, I might read it anyhow. Because I have read a couple of books with really hideous covers. And when a book is reissued with a new cover, I sometimes forget if I have read it or not. Especially with movie tie-ins.

4 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

I admit that I have chosen books from my TBR pile based on how the next one will fit in my purse.

Gigi Ann said...

I am a bit spoiled since I got my Nook and Kindle. I am more interested in what the synopsis of the book is than what the cover looks like. I also read a lot of book blogs and find some of the books I like through them.

Thanks for the visit today.

JC Jones said...

I hate it when the cover of a reissue fools me and I buy it again. I have learned to check the copyright to see when a book was published and have not been fooled as often. Thanks for visiting

Vicki said...

I'd hate to buy a book and then find out I already have it but with a different cover!